Eliminate Expensive Facility Condition Assessments
The Trap Many Fall Into...
For years facility management vendors/consultants have evangelized the method of recurring facility condition assessments (FCA) combined with a software
application to track project progress. Essentially, the idea of doing a comprehensive assessment of the entire portfolio and creating a list or "book" of
projects to complete over the next 3-5 years.
This method is problematic for the following reasons:
- Expensive condition assessments must be repeated to keep facilities current
- Limited future visibility - FCAs typically only give you 3-5 years of limited visibility
- Critical information can go stale between assessments
- Limited data flexibility within a project tracking application
- Wasted time and money by assessing items that don't need reassessment
- Focused on projects rather than assets
The graphic below illustrates the limited visibility of the recurring facility condition assessment method as well as the additional expense of performing a
condition assessment every 5 years.
The graphic below shows how the AxisFM software and services eliminate the need for costly, recurring condition assessments and provides clear visibility into
future spend and funding needs. By tracking asset lifecycle and making sure data stays current through limited condition "check-ups" on ONLY those assets whose remaining useful life or mission criticality warrant a reassessment, organizations can keep a real-time pulse of portfolio condition and reduce costs.